tutorial – how to mix skin tones | oil paint
- easy way to learn how to mix a skin tone palette for portraits
- 3 steps: 1. base skin tone 2. limited skin tone palette 3. expanded palette
I always found mixing skin tones extremely difficult. As I started with oil portraits I searched for a good tutorial but it was so hard to find.
In most of the tutorials color brands or specific details weren’t mentioned. The hint to use a cobalt violet isn’t really a great help – different brands lead to completely different results. So I tried many different ways on my own and I tried many different oil brands to find a way which works best for me.
In this tutorial I will show you my way to mix skin tones
- in 3 steps (how to mix a base skin tone, how to create a limited skin tone palette and how to expand this palette)
- I will tell you exactly with which brands I work
- and my hints and tricks for a more realistic results
- I will show you a timelapse of one of my portrait paintings
- in an easy way for beginners
- you can take a look at my instgram account for a preview (siennakortes), the download video will provide you much more information, hints&tips, more colors, more shades, expanded palette, and everything slowlier